Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) (Web & App)Amsterdam
For our client in Amsterdam we are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) (Web & App)
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer with experience in rolling out SRE best practices across multiple squads specific to critical mobile and web customer journeys.
Our team is responsible for the reliability of a Web and App solution which we do through a combination of software engineering and continuously improving best practices and procedures (Release procedures, Postmortems, Capacity Management etc.) for all consumers and providers of the solution.
The solution is a service that is globally reusable. Such as our Android/iOS native app as well as a big part of our web based front-end. The solution is at the base of our highly critical mobile and web customer journeys across multiple countries.
The team does not own or operate any assets themself, the team is expected to improve availability and reliability. This is done by implementing engineering improvements into the solutions of other teams and to guide these teams on a process level specifically regarding the reliability. The scope of this team is contributing to every service throughout the application chain.
The team takes reliability ownership specific to these customer journeys.
We are looking for someone with a combination of the following:
• Experience & Ambition in Site Reliability Engineering, advocating, and ensuring best practices among peers and teams
• Experience in organising way of work across teams and IT areas. Planning, stakeholder management etc.
• Experience & Ambition with container hosting platform and developing microservices
• Experience in (Major) Incident Management, Postmortems, etc.
• Curious about and able to quickly understand the use of new technologies
• Able to adapt to changing circumstances and see a challenge where others see obstacles
• Thorough understanding of SRE and experience in improving a team’s baseline
• Bachelor / Master of Science in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Great analytical skills and conceptual / architectural understanding
• Experience and thorough understanding of continuous delivery, deployment tools and pipelines.
• Experience with container-based solutions
• Experience with at least one cloud provider
• Experience with Azure DevOps
• Experience with Kubernetes (we are using OpenShift)
• Experience with multiple testing techniques, especially in the fields of performance and resilience
• Excellent social and communication skills
• Experienced in Agile / Scrum / DevOps projects
• Solid grasp of Java, Linux and bash scripting
• Experience in complex application landscapes where you were a part of multiple application chains.
• Fluent English speaking and writing