DevOps Engineer (Azure, CI/CD, PowerShell)Amsterdam
For our client in Amsterdam, we are looking for a DevOps Engineer (Azure, CI/CD, PowerShell)
We are looking for an energetic DevOps Engineer who enjoys back-end development, infra
and monitoring & control. You are a team player working as a core member of a
multidisciplinary and cross-functional squad whose primary driver is the customer. You
continuously strive to improve yourself and your colleagues and you have good sense of
Customer satisfaction is priority number one. It lies at the core of everything our client does. They
specialize in international liquidity and information management, and they are strongly
committed to their clients’ success. So, whatever your professional skills, you should
recognize yourself in the following characterizations:
· Customer-oriented attitude;
· Effective communication skills;
· Dedication to your job;
· True hands-on mentality;
· Team player;
· High standard of work (Clean coding);
· Agile way of working.
As a DevOps Engineer, you contribute to the design and control the actual development and
monitoring, testing of our applications. You understand the entire data stack so that you can
bring applications into production and resolve incidents in cooperation with the squad. You
communicate with squads both within and outside your tribe: you understand the goal of
the business and work in a team of experts to find the most relevant solution for the
The following items are vital in this:
· You build, enhance and maintain the data platform of our client.
· Hands-on experience with the design, development, monitoring and testing of an end-2-end data platform.
· You apply continuous delivery practices as part of your daily work.
· You consult with the team about what is needed to fulfill the functional and non-functional requirements of the IT product to be developed.
· You implement all mandatory security standards to ensure IT risk is and remain under control.
Contribute to the new way of working
· You use your technical expertise and experience to contribute to the Agile meetings (stand-up, refinement, retrospective).
· Where possible, you take on tasks/activities that contribute to the purpose, even when they are not entirely within your area of expertise.
· You contribute to the development of your squad by actively giving and receiving feedback.
· You continuously develop your own expertise while gathering, updating, and spreading knowledge about developments and challenges regarding your field and embed lessons learned and best practices.
Skills and competences
· Be pro-active, assertive and a good communicator are your main skills.
· A passion for IT and Data.
· To be a strong team player, empowering and challenging squad/chapter members to foster collaboration and individual development.
· Eagerness to learn and ability to coach others.
· No nine-to-five mentality.
Experience and specialized knowledge
· You are specialized in the following tools, languages (5+ year’s experience):
o Azure DevOps - Pipeline Development (CI/CD);
o Backend scripting (PowerShell);
o Security & IT Risk and web related protocols (such as TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, protocols);
o Microsoft Windows Server (administration);
o Databases: Microsoft SQL Server (T-SQL / stored procedures);
o Connectivity: Messaging, RESTFul API’s and microservices architecture knowledge.
· Application knowledge:
o Elastic Stack; Logstash, Kibana, Beats, Elasticsearch (optional);
o Universal Automation Command (UAC / schedular);
o Data Virtualization: Denodo.
· Experienced in Data concepts:
o Data Management, Data Modelling, Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence.
Education and Professional certifications
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent by experience.
· Good written and spoken knowledge of Dutch (preferred), English.