Data Engineer (SQL, ETL, Spark/Kafka, Python, Scala)Amsterdam
For our client in Amsterdam, we are looking for a passionate Data Engineer (SQL, ETL, Spark/Kafka, Python, Scala)
Our client’s purpose is to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and in business. They are an industry recognized strong brand with positive recognition from customers in many countries, strong financial position, omni-channel distribution strategy and international network. If you want to work at a place with lots of freedom to innovate, where they believe that you can live by the Agile manifesto without jeopardizing the necessary continuity, compliance and QA measures, where they are committed to deliver stable and secure services to end users, and where they have a 'no nonsense' getting-things done mentality, please read on!
Your passion is to work with the latest and greatest technologies in the field of Data Engineering. You will work as an engineer on different projects within the Analytics team. With this team, you will be building new capabilities on the data Engineering part. You will help to launch new initiatives within the organization and support teams and their projects. At our client, they always work with agile techniques.
Do you recognize yourself in this profile:
• Knowledge of data manipulation and transformation, e.g. SQL;
• Hands-on experience building complex data pipelines e.g. ETL;
• Hands-on experience managing and further developing distributed systems and clusters for both batch as well as streaming data (S3/Spark and/or Kafka/Flink);
• Programming in scripting languages, e.g. Python;
• Programming in a statically typed language, e.g. Scala;
• Experience in setting up both SQL as well as noSQL databases;
• Deployment and provisioning automation tools e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Openshift, CI/CD;
• Bash scripting and Linux systems administration;
• Security, authentication and authorisation (LDAP / Kerberos / PAM);
• Affinity with Advanced Analytics, Data Science.
Nice to have:
• Being a committer to Open Source projects is a strong plus;
• Experience with building distributed, large scale and secure applications;
• Knowledge of machine learning, or at least strong affinity with it;
• Good understanding of databases including RDBMS, non-SQL and time-series databases;
• Experience in building 0-downtime applications/components;
• Experience with working in an agile/scrum way, but at least you should have a strong willingness to do so.