DevOps engineer (Linux, Oracle, ITIL)Amsterdam
For our client in Amsterdam, we are looking for a DevOps engineer (Linux, Oracle, ITIL).
You will actively monitor, manage, study, test, and run the application within the squad, noting the detailed technical behaviour and performance across all aspects of the application to proactively identify and prevent operational problems. The DEV Engineer is expected to understand the detailed workflow of the Application and the detailed technical behaviour of Application Servers and Databases and will participate in the squads SCRUM processes.
The members of the chapter are active in different squads in the domain and are working in an agile way together with colleagues in BusDevOps teams. This area is going through a time of many developments and changes, making it a dynamic area in which there is lots of opportunity to learn, grow and excel.
Who are you?
You are a driven IT specialist with excellent analytical skills. You are ambitious with what you and your team want to achieve. You have very good social and communication skills. You feel a personal responsibility for the quality of your application and its reliability, and you work together with your colleagues across your domain, including colleagues from the infrastructural department. You recognise problems and work to solve them by yourself and with other colleagues. You have a have a 'no nonsense' getting-things-done mentality and a 24x7 mind-set.
What will you do? What are you responsible for?
• Deploying and running a Production system, and provide day to day Level 2 support for your Application and underlying infrastrcuture.
• Understanding any expected changes in behaviour after a specific Release, and taking appropriate action if actual behaviour is not in line with what was expected.
• Specifying, testing and executing deployment and roll-back scripts.
• Configuring and implementing Monitoring Tooling to enable 24x7 monitoring using appropriate Event Alerts.
• Understanding the detailed technical behaviour of your system under normal and peak loads.
• Specifying, creating, and executing the Performance and Operational Acceptance Tests including High Availability and Disaster Recovery Tests, with the support of the Dev Engineer.
• Understanding the behaviour of your Application in failure scenarios, and driving improvements in line with our clients Reliability objectives.
• Understanding and monitoring the entire technology stack your Application is running on.
• Ensuring your team and your Application fully support clients implementation of the Service Transition and Service Operations ITIL processes including Operational Risk Control (ITRMP).
• Your key competencies: excellent team player, persistent, service oriented, customer centric, eager to learn.
• You love to deep dive technology, searching for root causes of issues and incidents and to resolve them.
• Knowledge of LINUX (RHEL). Optional knowledge of Windows Server technology and Citrix.
• Knowledge of relational databases (Oracle) and data warehousing with the ability to apply it in the context of IT operations .
• Knowledge and experience (3- 5 years) with Operations activities (ITIL).
• Experience (3- 5 years) with integrating commercial off-the-shelf applications within complex domains.
• Experience with scripting languages and automation of manual activities (testing, deployment)
• Experience with monitoring end/or debugging and/or performance tuning of applications.
• Good knowledge of implementation of security measures (knowledge of ING IT Minimum standards and controls (ITRMP))
• Knowledge of relational databases (e.g. Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL) and data warehousing with the ability to apply it in the context of IT operations .
• Knowledge of IBM Software is a preference
• Flexible with respect to working pattern/ hours.
• Great English communication skills, verbal as well as written.