Global Product Owner (MS Azure, Cloud Service Management)Omgeving Amsterdam
For our client in the surroundings of Amsterdam we are looking for a Global Product Owner (MS Azure, Cloud Service Management)
The department is responsible for the corporate/global IT systems used by the Operating Companies under the holding. IT Services such as Email & Collaboration, Identity & Access Management are delivered to close to half a million end-users spread across the globe.
The client embarked on a cloud journey and transitions all on-Prem environments into the Cloud. A service management control framework and compliance dashboard were developed as part of this journey. We’re looking for an experienced Global Product Owner to lead the development and implementation of our Global Service Management Control Framework and the Cloud Compliance Dashboard. The Product Owner will also act as cloud service management expert. The Service Management Control Framework is a set of MS Azure controls to drive and ensure operational excellence within the Cloud platforms. These controls are directly translated into Azure policies to help enforce tagging roles and conventions. The Cloud Compliance Dashboard is a product that displays the compliance of the Security and Service Management controls per operating company, subscription, and resource. Both products were implemented over the last year. The Product Owner will work with architecture, DevOps teams, and FinOps colleagues. He or she will report to the global head of IT4IT solutions & special programs
The Global Product Owner
• Owns the Service Management Control Framework (SMCF) and the Cloud Compliance Dashboard (CCD)
• Works with the Support Office, Information Security, and the different Operating companies to analyze the needs and align the SMCF and CCD to strategic and operational goals.
• Develops scope and defines backlog items (epics/features/user stories) that guide the development capacity and the operating companies.
• Acts as cloud service management expert, develops and maintains, and implements service management controls
• Solves SMCF and CCD-related problems, makes decisions and completes trade-off analysis to stay on track toward business deliverable commitments.
• Drafts key objectives, results, and strategies and applies the data to make business decisions.
• Identifies and helps the operating companies to understand the business model, value, and value proposition.
• Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics, and themes to ensure work focuses on those with a maximum value aligned with the SMCF and CCD strategy.
• Helps the development team in enforcing resource tagging with Azure policy wherever possible.
• Act as an ambassador for the two products and as the primary contact.
• Develops appropriately detailed specifications for the SMCF and CCD so the development team clearly understands these.
• As a team leader, represent the team in front of stakeholders, clients, or users.
• Is responsible for system compliance regarding the data privacy requirements, information security requirements, audit compliance, control requirements, and the license requirements
• Is transparent and supplies on-time delivery of information, communication, and advice to various stakeholders incl. Suppliers.
• Knowledge and experience with MS Azure
• Knowledge of Cloud Service Management principles incl. cost management
• Working in an international context, ability to engage with global team and stakeholders actively.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, comfortable dealing with all stakeholders
• Understand business priorities and how IT supports them
• Important: stakeholder management - communication skills