DevOps Engineer Big Data CloudAmsterdam
For our client in Amsterdam, we are looking for a DevOps Engineer Big Data Cloud
Are you a seasoned and eager Engineer and do you love Data? And you want to build incredible software stacks your colleagues use for numerous Big Data use-cases? We are looking for an ambitious colleague who can make our client’s cutting-edge Cloudera stacks even better for its users.
What you will be doing
Working at Cloud, area Data Services means working in a dynamic and challenging IT environment. Our client has high ambitions. They deliver Big Data stacks based on Cloudera software to several departments across the organization. They ensure that stack is secure, packed with new features, and thoroughly tested before handover. Next to that, they help new consumers on their first steps in the Analytics landscape and onboard their use-cases.
The BigData Cloud squad is looking for a data-driven engineer who loves to automate and has a natural tendency to help (and a little bit support) other engineering teams.
The squad’s main duties include:
· Improve the current stack in the Ansible automation scripts.
· Investigate bugs and security findings and make them available via automated patching for running Big Data clusters.
· Update and build Azure DevOps pipelines to make your colleagues lives, plus the lives of our client’s consumers, easier.
· Work on a future offering, where they transform their IPC BigData offerings from stacks to managed services.
Do you tick at least the following boxes:
· You are passionate about data-driven software solutions.
· You are an expert in Ansible programming.
· You have Azure DevOps experience in building CI/CD pipelines.
· A good understanding of the Linux operating system (pref. RHEL).
· Can work alone, but more important; you love to work together in teams.
· You are eager to learn new technologies and not afraid to deep dive into these.
· You have at least completed a technical HBO / Bachelor degree, preferably.
· You have at least 3 years experience in IT in a corporate environment.
· Experience with Cloudera software – Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) (and/or Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) – is a PRE but not a hard requirement.