OPS Engineer (IBM, MDM, Linux, Bash, Azure)Leeuwarden
For our client in Leeuwarden we are looking for a OPS Engineer (IBM, MDM, Linux, Bash, Azure).
The IBM InfoSphere MDM system contains all of our clients European parties and is the source of PSD processes for person/party data. We are responsible for the maintainability and distribute the data keeping always in mind the interests of the end customer. You will be working in close co-operation with stakeholders (feature squads) and you will be actively participating in the extension of the platform’s capabilities by deploying and configuring new features, components and releases in a controlled way. You take initiative in coordinating dependencies with other teams and you feel responsible for the quality and availability of your software.
• Maintain Java vendor applications (incident management, maintenance, monitoring, life-cycle-management, resilience)
• Work in close co-operation with stakeholders and actively participate in deploying/configuring new features, components and releases in a controlled and automated way
• Take initiative in coordinating dependencies with other teams and take ownership of the quality and availability of your software
Knowledge and experience:
• Maintain vendor application MDM.
• Support the consumers (in delivering Data overview, and solving DQ issues for example)
• Knowledge of Linux environments
• Bash scripting etc.
• Azure DevOPS
• Application Risk Control & Administration
• Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery pipelines
• Experienced in working in a complex environment, Agile methods and Software development frameworks
• T-shape mentality
• Strong delivery track record
• You have a 24x7 mindset and are willing to participate in a stand-by shift, knowing that our client operates a 24x7 business for its customers
• Master's degree level or equivalent through experience
Nice to have:
• Experience with performance testing, resilience, execution and analyzing.
• Experience with Capacity/Availability Monitoring (Graphite, Grafana, Logstash)
• Proven experience with Docker and Kubernetes-based container orchestration platform (eg: OpenShift);
• Knowledge of and/or experience with MDM, DB2
• Knowledge of and/or experience with Elastic Search
• Ability to handle application risk controls in an efficient way, proactively contributing to prevent security and operational risks
• Drive to enforce that the right levels of Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of the application
• Experience with distributed teams is a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills – ability to explain technical solutions to both technical and non-technical audience
• You are customer-focused and communicative, and enjoy working as part of a team
• You work in a meticulous and structured way
• You can set up and follow a schedule
• Strong capabilities to build internal confidence in a situation of constant change
• Strong problem solving and analytical thinking - ability to diagnose and resolve ambiguous problems
• Strong resilience to stress and constructive and collaborative mindset
• Willingness to continuously improve technical skills
• Willingness to support and coach less experienced members of you team; provide help when needed and criticize in a constructive manner
• Support for creating a friendly work environment based on respect, trust and partnership values.