Datacenter Networking SpecialistRotterdam
For our client in Rotterdam, we are looking for a Datacenter Networking Specialist
For our client’s datacentre networking squad we are looking for smart networking specialists who can work in a team but take on jobs independently.
Our client’s networking environment is growing rapidly and they need extra hands to make sure they can still deliver our networks up to the high ING standards. We work with state of the art technologies with very high capacity. We need you to help us stay up to date and in control.
The squad is responsible for development and operations of the organization’s datacentre and private cloud networks. Their engineers are very experienced. Working from NL and Poland we are used to working remote, but also meet in the office on a regular basis. We work (but not only) with Cumulus, Palo Alto, F5, VMware NSX, Cisco.
Roles and responsibilities
Working in our squad involves:
● updating and upgrading our estate: testing, analysing for the correct versions, making sure you align with our stakeholders, making a planning
● migrating legacy systems to the new solutions, helping the stakeholders doing so
● improving the monitoring, delivering input for capacity planning, making sure they get alerted for the right things and see problems coming before they become a problem
● documenting our current and new solutions, sharing knowledge, writing work instructions
● delivering evidence and procedures showing that they are in control
● troubleshooting the more difficult problems that are not easily solved, using tools like wireshark, firewall logs, syslog etc
How to succeed
Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility.
● you have at least five years experience in a large organisation with one or more of our solutions
● you have a pro-active mentality, can raise the right questions and get the right answers
● helping others is in your nature, working in a team is what you like, but you also know how to work by yourself
● you like a challenge, know how to troubleshoot complicated networking issues