Manager Portfolio ControlAmsterdam
For our client in the surroundings of Amsterdam, we are looking for a Manager Portfolio Control
Our client department is looking to renew its focus and strengthen the capabilities around Portfolio Management, creating a 360 perspective to ensure they do the right things and are doing things right. Together with Portfolio Management and Portfolio Analytics, Portfolio Control is responsible for providing insight in the department’s Portfolio Performance to the Leadership Team and the Business stakeholders. As Manager Portfolio Control you will be the business partner for the platform leads in managing their financial planning and control processes. Your team provides key support to platforms to be financial and operational in control through trustworthy and stable operations and intelligent and predictive financial forecast. Based on financial data, you enable your team to support stakeholders on making management decisions. You are responsible for the continuous development, performance and health of the portfolio control team.
Portfolio Control team has 2 main branches:
- Operational support: Responsibilities include purchase order management, invoice management, resource management, project admin, etc.
- Process Support: focus on the increase the of automation, standardization and optimization of Tech control office processes, continuous improvement way of working, process documentation, etc.
Manage the Portfolio Control team to provide immediate and accurate insight in status on budgets enabling information-based decision making for the management of all platforms and product clusters (including projects) and related stakeholders. Manager Portfolio control signals financial issues to Director Finance Tech.
- Monitoring & measuring costs (resources, fixed prices agreements and licenses)
- Quality assurance and compliance (internal controls)
Oversee the operational performance of the Portfolio control team. Tasks of the Portfolio control officers are amongst others:
- Invoice Management
- Resource Management
- Purchase order management
Manage the process engineer of Portfolio Control team. Take a leadership role in identifying how the department can become more effective by re-engineering and restructuring core Portfolio Control processes.
- Automate/optimize/standardize Portfolio control processes
- Facilitate the community to build a central knowledge repository to provide best practices and foster collaboration.
- Owner Tech control office Teams/sharepoint etc environments
- Liasion with Data analysts regarding data/reporting standards and needs
- Liaison with PfM regarding time writing/code structure etc
Coaching and team management
Attract, lead, coach, motivate, appraise and develop employees, ensure staffing and stimulate talent(management) and continuously drive improvements.
- Team Management, lead by example
- Coaching/guiding/developing employees
- Provide a safe and inclusive environment
- Onboarding of new employees
Context of this role
-The Manager Portfolio control is the team lead for the Portfolio Control team
- Stakeholders are: Heads of Tech, Platformleads (Directors and VPs), Project managers
- The Manager Portfolio control is the main point of contact for Finance Tech
- The Portfolio Control Manager has budget responsibilities for Portfolio control team budget.