Senior Oracle DBA Operations EngineerUtrecht
For our client in Utrecht, we are looking for a Senior Oracle DBA Operations Engineer.
The is responsible for the data logistics chain. There is an existing system, but the focus is on setting up and maintaining a new data warehouse with an associated service aimed at data quality.
The team is hard at work setting up the new data warehouse. This data warehouse is of crucial importance in the accountability chain to regulators. Completeness, correctness and timeliness are the keywords here. In addition, our client’s system contributes to the realization of a number of very important business cases for the organization.
Because innovation takes place on both the source side and the customer side, they find themselves in a challenging and dynamic environment. In order to deliver and innovate their services with the right quality, they strive to be a high performing team. They believe that the ability to solve problems in the team is inexhaustible and therefore want to use the qualities of the team members as best as possible. Your opinion and ideas are therefore taken seriously. Fun, ownership and
trust in each other form the basis of the team.
They work in accordance with DevOps and Scrum principles. They continuously develop themselves within this working method, so that they can make the best possible use of its advantages and thus achieve the maximum achievable results.
We are looking for a good DBA Operations Engineer for the Platform team. This team is set up to develop and manage the data warehouse. In the coming period, the focus will be on data warehouse automation (via Wherescape) and the further development of the platform. You perform DBA activities, such as daily management of the Oracle environments, but also more project-based activities such as migration to database 12C, performance tuning, automating management actions, etc. From a T-shape perspective, it is their preference that the DBA next to DBA - work also picks
up Operations work such as monitoring, Linux management, release management, etc.
The DBA Operations Engineer is responsible for:
- Proactively monitoring and managing the legacy system and the new data warehouse.
- Provide support with and implement changes within the data warehouse.
- Carrying out Life Cycle Management with regard to the software used.
- Continuously improve the delivery pipeline and the data warehouse platform.
- Carrying out root cause analyzes in case of production incidents.
- Automate administrative tasks as much as possible via shell scripting.
You are an experienced DBA in a complex Oracle data warehousing environment.
You are a proactive team player who works closely with other disciplines in the DevOps team. You therefore have a natural drive to delve into the adjacent disciplines (T-shape).
The challenge of the work lies in the constant search for the balance between continuity and innovation. The OE must be able to convince colleagues to meet quality standards of new deliveries. You therefore have good communication skills.
You know how to put forward your own opinion through convincing and appealing arguments, whereby your attitude and tone match the other person. This ensures a broad base of support.
In addition, you are result-driven; you work towards a good result the first time. You regularly coordinate your activities and priorities with stakeholders within and outside the team. In addition, your focus is on initiating improvement.
You are self-aware, you know your unique qualities and you know how to use them as effectively as possible.
Required knowledge and experience
- Minimum completed HBO Informatics education.
- At least 3 years of work experience in a similar position in a banking IT environment.
- Very good knowledge of Oracle products such as ‘Oracle Database 19c’, RAC, ASM, Oracle Dataguard, backup & recovery, performance & tuning, Oracle Exadata, ZFS, ‘Oracle Enterprise Manager 13c’, Oracle Linux and virtualization, Shell Scripting.
- Knowledge and experience of DataWarehousing and ETL tooling (preferably Wherescape).
- Knowledge and experience in the field of operations (life cycle management, release management, etc).
- Knowledge and experience with HP SM9, Splunk, ITWS Scheduling is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with DevOps, Scrum, ITIL.
-Experience in supporting Production and non-Production Oracle databases including instance creation, installation, configuration, system administration, troubleshooting, log collection, etc.
- Performing DB Administration activities, Oracle User management activities.
-Responsible for database monitoring, troubleshooting and performance tuning.
-Minimum Knowledge on below wrt Cloud
- Microsoft SQL Server on VM, Azure SQL Managed Instance, Azure SQL
-Experience in Azure native services such as Azure Active Directory, Azure Blob Storage, Virtual Machine, Keyvault
-Experience with configuration management and automation technologies such Azure CLI, ARM Templates.