Ops Engineer (RHEL, Windows, Java, Docker)Amsterdam
For our client in Amsterdam, we are looking for an Ops Engineer (RHEL, Windows, Java, Docker)
Your working environment
You will be part of the Squad responsible for maintain the Java based applications running on RHEL machines and WebSphere application server, and APIs running on cluster environment on Kubernetes.
You will be responsible for creating and managing the changes of course you follow the ITIL, Risk processes and Security etc. You manage and the servers and components on which our applications are running.
You manage the pipelines and deployment together with Dev engineers. Fixing the incidents related to server or software upgrades, vulnerabilities.
You are responsible for monitoring the resources and applications and fix application related issues with Dev engineers.
You are a continuous learner, passionate and adapt new technologies, you are innovative and love to automate.
Desired skills and experience
As an OPS Engineer you will work on maintenance, stability and high availability of applications. As an OPS Engineer:
• You know your way around administering RHEL and Windows servers
• You have experience on privet/public cloud environments (Azure experience is a plus)
• You have managed/configured java based applications on application servers (WAS is a plus)
• You have experience managing microservices , Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift.
• You have experience on container orchestration and HELM templating
• You have a good understanding of IT and application architectures on servers, networks, MQs and APIs in combination with Events and security environment (using Active Directory or similar)
• You know how to setup monitoring and have working experience with various monitoring tools like Prometheus/Grafana/Kibana
• You have experience in managing and maintain the Database as service (oracle or similar RDBMS), NoSQL
• You have a clear understanding of security, firewalls, API gateways, PKI certificates and certificate management
• You know how to build CI/CD pipelines and have a keen eye for automation (Azure DevOps is plus)
• You have extensive scripting (Bash, PowerShell and similar) skills
• You have a background of working Agile/Scrum and DevOps
• You have a great interest in experimenting with new technologies and tools and able to implement those
• You are a good communicator and a great team player
Your key responsibilities
You will make sure that our client’s applications are running smoothly and correctly without any production disturbances.
• Servers and service components management
• Incident management, change management and health of servers and instances
• Fix issues quickly and implement measures to prevent them from happening again
• Implement monitoring and automated tests to improve the stability of your application
• Make sure that your application is always secure and compliant
• Build, manage and maintain the Kubernetes cluster and container Orchestration
• Templating the microservices using Helm or similar tools
• Building and managing the pipelines
• Work in a cross-border Agile Squad, and actively contribute to continuous improvement of quality and speed