Oracle Exadata EngineerAmsterdam
For our client in Amsterdam we are looking for a Oracle Exadata Engineer.
To help us succeed we are looking for an Oracle Exadata Engineer who can help us setup and maintain our Exadata environment.
DBaaS provides and maintains a database platform based on Oracle in an automated fashion. We enable application teams to spend more of their time delivering new application features by taking away the burden of managing their database (patching, upgrade etc).
As Oracle Exadata Engineer within DBaaS you will be part of a bigger set of teams who create high quality DBaaS Cloud Services for our application teams worldwide. Your daily activities include setting up and maintaining the Exadata servers, from connecting hardware together with the vendor to setting the IPs and VLANs needed to host a multi-tenant database environment.
Your “backpack” should contains
• Exadata experience; o Installation and configuration of Exadata hardware
o Patching Exadata components like compute, storage nodes and InfiniBand switches and Grid Infrastructure.
o Hardware maintenance, i.e., replacing faulty hardware , adding or deleting compute and storage nodes.
o Exadata Networking.
• 5+ years of Experience with Oracle Database technologies including but not limited to; o RAC, ASM, Dataguard, performance tuning on Exadata platform
o Multitenant databases
o RMAN backup and Recovery techniques using ZDLRA(nice to have)
o RAC and Dataguard installations
o Oracle Enterprise Manager
• Linux RHEL experience
• Scripting experience with e.g Python, Bash
• Well versed in Azure Devops, CD/CI tools and pipelines.
• Exposure of Virtualization / Cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure or GCP
• Knowledge of Configuration Management tools like Ansible, Puppet.
• Familiar with Agile / Scrum methodology.
• Strong Team Player and Experience in working with teams cross countries.
Your education and background
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in Information Technology
• Expert in a DBaaS environment
• Experience with working in high performing Agile Database platform team
• Certifications and/or proven proficiency in one or more technologies requested
• Good understanding of English
• The opportunity to excel in what you do and become better every day.
• A dynamic and international working environment.
• An opportunity to work with one of the biggest exadata environments.