Senior Developer C# (.NET, SQL, Microsoft, Azure, REST API)Amsterdam
LET OP! Dit betreft een Deta-vast opdracht!!
For our client in Amsterdam, we are looking for a Senior Developer C# (.NET, SQL, Microsoft, Azure, REST API)
We are looking for a senior Developer to join our client’s team to help automate processing of financial data. The senior Developer needs to be ‘hands-on’, capable to oversee complex data flow structures and processes.
Your work environment
To enable our client’s monthly financial forecasting processes and to support the stress tests, the ALM platform has been set up. The ALM platform consists of a Data Staging Area built in MS SQL Server, an automation framework built in C# and a SQL server based Datamart used by Power BI.
Further development of the ALM platform has been prioritised by higher management as one of the organization’s most important strategic worldwide objectives. Currently, the ALM platform is being transformed into a group-wide standard to support global and local requirements, and step by step new countries are on-boarded. For the Data Staging Area, this means that data of countries with different products needs to be aligned, enriched, transformed and functionality needs to be built to analyse or monitor unexpected differences between data.
Your ALM squad is a Bus-Dev-Ops team, combining expertise of business, IT and OPS specialists. The squad works according to Agile scrum, which means that work is sliced and planned in sprints, and as part of the team you take responsibility to deliver value according to sprint planning.
Together with your squad/team, you are responsible to (re-)design a stable, standardized, and consistent ALM platform. And together with all stakeholders, you jointly work towards the combined goal: have all the offices worldwide use one ALM standard.
Main services delivered by you are:
• Design, develop, configure, and test secure software automation solutions in C#
• Change data flows, tables, and interfaces, make existing data flows more transparent.
• Work towards a simple and robust solution with functionality to identify and analyse unexpected differences in data in an early stage. Together with a colleague developer/DBA-er, improve maintainability and performance of the Data Staging Area
o High performance
• Carry out a senior engineer role, e.g.:
o With help of business experts, analyse, understand, and get the overview of how monthly financial data and financial products are processed, translate functional requirements into technical solutions
o If requested, advice business or operation colleagues e.g., at identifying root causes for incidents related to data errors. Give advice about the data to be processed to architects and other developers at a current project to set up a BI-layer to improve reporting.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience with C# (.Net) and Microsoft development stack and Azure DevOps
• SQL Server experience
• Experience building REST API
• Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and are willing to learn and understand the world of financial risk. You can peel down technical problems, and doing so, you develop new insights.
• You are fluent in English
• You are a team player
• Preferably you are experienced in, or at least you are interested in the following:
o Entity Framework
o Single Page Applications with VUE
o Database version control
o SSRS and SSAS
o Testing and automation of testing such as TDD
o Design of Domain Specific Language
o LDAP/Active Directory to assign roles / permissions to end users
o Processing financial data, e.g., related to market risk or interest rate risk & liquidity risk management
o An Agile/Scrum way of working.