Ops Engineer (Java, Linux, Oracle, OpenShift)Amsterdam
For our client in Amsterdam, we are looking for an Ops Engineer (Java, Linux, Oracle, OpenShift).
You will work with our client’s multidisciplinary BusinessDevOps squad, with end-to-end responsibility for their global reference data management solution.
The purpose of the platform is to ensure consistent adoption of reference data across the organization by establishing and maintaining a trusted source of record for reference data.
It is an important component in various business processes, from data management to payment flows, storing and distributing both organization-wide and local reference data.
It provides a web-based solution for managing and accessing the information, along with file-based distributions and API-based retrieval of reference data.
What you bring to the team:
• Provide support for the entire stack’s technology on which the application runs;
• Execute deployments in T/A/P environments;
• Design and execute performance and acceptance tests (including High Availability and Disaster Recovery Tests) with support from the Dev Engineers;
• Ensure the life cycle and capacity management;
• Document Operational procedures and create runbooks;
• Implement the security policies and patches so that the system is secure at operating system, database and application server level;
• Perform incident, problem and change management, including writing user stories for resolving problems;
• Identify opportunities to automate and optimize the operational processes (like monitoring and alerting, scheduling, lifecycle management). Implement improvements / perform peer reviews;
• Participate in the Agile ceremonies, give input related to workload estimations; contribute to the delivery of the user stories / backlog;
• Interact with multiple teams, manage dependencies and follow-up on status;
• Participate in the stand-by / on-call duty.
What we are looking for:
• Proven track record in this role, preferably in an international environment;
• Experience with Linux administration/monitoring/troubleshooting and scripting;
• Experience with managing Java based applications
• Experience with Oracle and Tomcat;
• Experience with OpenShift/Docker/Kubernetes
• Experience with network configuration and troubleshooting, including security protocols (SSL & TLS);
• Experience with automation and CI/CD delivery using Azure DevOps, Maven, Sonar, Ansible;
• Performance/Capacity/Availability Monitoring experience;
• Agile mindset;
• Able to work under pressure, willing to be on stand-by outside of office hours;
• Ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently;
• Ability to work remotely in an international team;
• Excellent English communication skills, verbal as well as written;
• Problem solving, creativity, cooperation, discipline and result oriented attitude;
• This is an internal customer facing role and requires excellent communication, coordination, management and good interpersonal skills to talk to variety of stakeholders.