IT Security Engineer (SOC/SIEM)Amsterdam
For our client in Amsterdam, we are looking for an IT Security Engineer
For our client’s Security Management Services team (SMS team), we are looking for a System Engineer with IT Security in his/her DNA (seniority level: proficient).
Your work environment
The Security Management Services team (SMS team) is part of the Security Management department. The primary focus of the SMS Team is to deliver effective and efficient Information Security Services, through holistic, uniform, and LEAN processes usable for any entity in an Agile WoW and supported connected IT solutions.
The IT Security engineer Role
As part of the SMS team, the IT Security engineer ensures that the team is providing the cross-functional competencies to support management in correct consumption of IT Security services by coaching, workshops, defining local IT security procedures, participate in audit reviews, etc.
Who are you?
You are a driven IT security specialist with good IT security knowledge and the ability to diagnose and resolve ambiguous problems. You have very good social and communication skills. You work together with your colleagues across your domain. You have a have a 'no nonsense' getting-things-done mentality.
What will you do? What are you responsible for?
• Act as a resource to colleagues seeking security-related advice and/or information.
• Security role model that brings new security knowledge to the teams
• Support the delivery of the SIP roadmap
• Create, implement and maintain security-related procedures.
• Willingness to continuously improve IT Security skills of yourself and encourage that of others.
• SOC/SIEM environments and associated technical tooling or multiple platforms
• Knowledge of Linux, VMware and Windows
• Conducting (complex) projects independently and taking control;
• Timely signalling of issues, complaints, and escalations and steering toward an adequate solution
• Anticipating technical security risks and securing all critical working environments
• Oversee/Assist in performing ongoing security monitoring of organizational information systems
• In-depth knowledge of security protocols and principles
• Critical thinking skills and ability to solve complex problems
• Vulnerability Management and Security Event Monitoring.
• High level of analytical thinking, persuasiveness, and communication.
• Full fluency, written and oral, in English.
• You can get a certificate of good conduct (VOG), as we will ask you for it upon hire.
• Great English communication skills, verbal as well as written.