- Job code: QR9225
Network designers (CCNP, F5, PCNSA, Checkpoint, Scripting)Amsterdam
For our client in Amsterdam we are looking for 2 Network designers (CCNP, F5, PCNSA, Checkpoint, Scripting)
Building a secure network is your hobby, but you can switch easily in a mindset to an enterprise environment where uptime, performance, and security are critical to serving our customers optimally. You like to help other people to get their job done. You are an energetic engineer who is creative and has a can-do mentality. You are a team player, collaboration and sharing knowledge is a natural behavior.
You will join an international team who is responsible for implementing network, firewall and load balancer designs on Global Datacenters.
You will be part of a small agile team. Together with the Product Owner, the team (Squad) works on common goals and a shared backlog. We use video and collaboration tools to facilitate the communication process.
You will create network designs for business applications which will be implemented by the infrastructure.
You collaborate with the infrastructure team to get the designs right and create the most secure solution for the problem.
You help the DevOps teams solving network issues.
You share your knowledge with the teams and make them better in their job.
You have experience in creating network designs You are able to challenge the DevOps teams on technical and security aspects of their solution. You are assertive in picking up new work and signal issues on time to the team and product owner. You are verbally and written competent in the English language.
• Insight and implementation of desired structural infrastructure solution
• Creating and improve documentation and work instructions on the delivered infrastructure solution
• Experience and preferable one or more certifications on:
• Cisco Routing & Switching (CCNP)
• F5 load balancers (F5 Certified BIG-IP Administrator)
• Palo Alto Networks firewalls (PCNSA)
• Check Point firewalls
• Tufin SecureApp
• Knowledge of configuration tools like Puppet, Chef or Ansible
• The technology of interfacing squads and consumers to achieve an end-to-end view
• Impact of different factors on the performance and capacity of services different elements on the performance and capacity of services
• Working-level knowledge of Agile and DevOps practices
• Understanding of the Scrum methodology (e.g., backlog and spring planning, review and marketplace)
• Knowledge of DevOps way of working (e.g., continuous delivery, cross-functional team set-ups, development of cross-skilled squad members)
Your education and background
• Professional and intellectual IT ability at least a Bachelor's degree
• Certifications or proven proficiency in Networking and Security
• Certifications or proven proficiency in one or more programming/scripting languages
• Excellent command of spoken and written English
• The mindset of openness and willingness to try new ways of working and technologies
• End-to-end ownership mindset
• Active team player who takes responsibility
• Independent and autonomous in completing tasks
• The mentality of continuous improvement of the service and way of working
• Reflects upon behaviours and performance to proactively identify improvement areas
• Strong problem solver to structure and improve complex situations
• Coaches others to help their individual development