Ops Engineer AnvilAmsterdam
For our client in Amsterdam we are looking fora n Ops Engineer Anvil.
The IT Area is responsible for the design, development and maintenance of the systems used in the domain for trading and processing cash equity, equity derivatives, commodity derivatives, fixed income and securities financing products. The business is active in Europe, UK, America and Asia.
We are looking for a strong (Dev)Ops Engineer technically passionate, solution-focused and able to contribute to design, development, test automation and hardening (security, stability, deployment) of our Fixed Income trading & Securities Financing platform.
You are an experienced IT engineer with extensive IT & business knowledge in the area of developing & supporting solutions for Fixed Income & Securities Financing products.
You will act as a subject matter expert for both IT and business stakeholders, being responsible for the bug free delivery of software solutions that add value to the business.
Your work includes performing impact analyses of new system features, interacting with vendors, contributing to IT risk mandatory application controls, providing application support, and collaborating with other engineers to solve problems and enhance the system.
You will work on in an agile way, as part of a highly professional squad based in Amsterdam.
- University degree in Computer Science or engineering with strong IT background.
- 7+ years of hands on work experience with any securities trading system.
- Extensive work experience in a ops engineering role within IT, preferably for banking
- You have a positive attitude, you think in solutions.
- You enjoy new technologies and methods, and you can apply them into new ideas and concrete solutions.
- You are always trying to improve your skills and get to better at what you do, to be able to keep adapting to the new situations and always deliver the highest quality results.
- You are a team player, you trust others and can be trusted.
- You are available to participate on application support activities outside office hours (e.g standby shifts or weekend deployments).
- Working knowledge on the domain of Fixed Income trading and Securities Financing products.
- Assist and provide (FO, MO, BO) functional support to users in deal capture, mid-life actions, breaks analysis & suggest remedy actions.
- Available for 24/5 standby support.
- Experience with ION trading platform and Anvil.
- Experience supporting custom components as part of an existing service-oriented software platform.
- Experience with critical distributed systems.
- Experience with UNIX & Windows shell scripting for automation.
- Working knowledge of SQL/Oracle. Experience with database as a service is a plus.
- Working knowledge on continuous delivery/integration pipelines such as AzureDevOps and their core functions.
- Good knowledge of ITIL processes.
- Experience with agile way of working.
- Experience working in a complex and challenging IT environment.
- A team player with a 'make it happen' mentality, eager to learn and with ability to influence others towards delivering with excellence.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good verbal and writing skills in English
- You perform production support activities (technical and functional support), ensuring
- You implement the automation of processes around a complex critical banking application and its interfaces.
- Together with other engineers and the product owner, you collaborate to ensuring the quality of the vendor-built software delivery, testing and defect management.
- You providing support in DTAP phase (QA & deploy application in test, acceptance and production).
- You perform support/maintenance of application’s IT infrastructure.
- You contribute to Incident, Problem and Change Management, including help in structural solution for reoccurring problems and keeping first-rate levels of service management.
- You are able to give substantial contribution to changes in an end-to-end context, covering all functional and non-functional aspects of the software systems, and in close collaboration with multiple teams.
- You demonstrate the ability to operate independently, proactively and diligently on the assigned tasks to complete them on-time and right-first-time to the satisfaction of the product owner and stakeholders.
- You demonstrate a history of continuous improvement, personal development, and outstanding team contribution.