Exalogic Echo Release Elastic Cloud now on e-deliveryPublished on: Author: Jos Nijhoff Category: Oracle
Just a quick post: there are new Exalogic goodies on Oracle E-Delivery today. Something we have been eagerly waiting for since the spring.
Exalogic Stack version 184.108.40.206.0 (dubbed “Echo release”) is now available for download on E-Delivery (as demonstrated in the screenprints below). This is the third release of the “Exalogic virtual datacenter stack”.
When more information is published about feature additions, improvements and bugfixes in this new release of the Exalogic virtual datacenter I will let you know!
update sept 12th :
The new release notes can be found here
Quoting from the release notes :
Besides enhanced reliability, robustness, performance, and usability, EECS 2.0.6 includes the following features and enhancements:
- Section 1.1.1, “Deploying Assemblies in the Exalogic vDC Using OVAB Deployer”
- Section 1.1.2, “Support for Hybrid Configurations”
- Section 1.1.3, “Fewer VMs for the Exalogic Control Stack”
- Section 1.1.4, “LVM-Based Disk Partitioning on Guest vServers”
- Section 1.1.5, “Exabus/IMB 1.1 and Exalogic Java 1.1.6”
- Section 1.1.6, “Configuring DNS for EoIB Networks”
- Section 1.1.7, “OSWatcher Included in the Base Image and Guest Template”
- Section 1.1.8, “imagehistory and imageinfo Commands Included in the Base Template”
- Section 1.1.9, “Linux Server-Based Exalogic Guest Base Template”
- Section 1.1.10, “Detailed View of Resource-Allocation by Account”
So it looks like Exalogic is finally getting serious on employing OVAB, there’s even a “special” Exalogic version (220.127.116.11.2) of OVAB. Also we can now opt for mixed physical / virtualized deployments in the same rack!
update sept 20th :
The upgrade kit for active configurations is now available as patchset 16630395, which is a whopping 14 Gb large. You have to be on NavStar already (v2.0.4.x.y.) to use it.